Built with Indexhibit
Born in 1980, Manila, Philippines
Lives and works in Los Angeles, CA
California Institute of the Arts, Valencia, CA
Tisch, NYU, Photography+Imaging, Art History, New York, NY
- Pearl Divers, Los Angeles Contemporary Archive, Los Angeles, CA
- When You Sign Your Name, metro pcs, Los Angeles, CA
- Thesis Exhibition, D-300, California Institute of the Arts, Valencia, CA
- MFA First Year Exhibition, Main Gallery, California Institute of the Arts
- those girls, Thesis Exhibition, 8th Floor Gallery, Department of Photography + Imaging, Tisch, NYU, NYC, NY
- The Monochrome Set, Soccer Club Club, Chicago, IL
- EX-CORPSE with awhrhwar, Los Angeles at Other Places Art Fair (OPAF), San Pedro, CA
- Matters of Time, (exhibiting with LACA), Contemporary Arts Center Gallery, UC Irvine, CA.
- Chapters: Books Arts in Southern California, Craft and Folk Art Museum, Los Angeles, CA
- Amplifying Compassion, 356 Mission Rd., Los Angeles, CA
- Three Two One, curated by artflash.net, 1392 Abbot Kinney, Los Angeles, CA
- There’s Hell Toupee, Vermilion Sands, Copenhagen, DK
- Primordial Soup, curated by Ariane Vielmetter, Supper Time Shows, Los Angeles, CA
-STONEBREAKERS, curated by Liam Considine, Young Art, Los Angeles, CA
-Rub Club, (with Trey Burns and Frances Lee), Vermont Studio Center, Johnson, VT
- freshstART, (exhibit & benefit) for Heart of Los Angeles (HOLA), L.A., CA
- Festival International de Bagnolet, Bagnolet, France
- Transmission, metro pcs, Los Angles, CA
- Opening Gala exhibition, Los Angeles Contemporary Archive (LACA), L.A., CA
- Office Hours, The Main Museum, Los Angeles, CA
- Monster Drawing Rally, Armory Center for the Arts, Pasadena, CA
- It's Happening at LACE, (exhibit & benefit), Los Angeles Contemporary Exhibitions, L.A., CA
- Young Painters Exhibition, Hiestand Galleries at Miami University, Miami, OH.
- Cash Machine, Fathers/Sons, Los Angeles, CA
- Primo Lane organized by Aili Schmeltz, Outpost Projects, Joshua Tree, CA
- DREAMING WILDLY // FIGHTING TO WIN, exhibition & auction in support of Critical Resistance Los Angeles, The Underground Museum, L.A., CA
- The Collective Reading Group, (third readier in series) organized by Monica Rodriguez, L.A., CA.
- Table Setting, organized by Jancar Jones, Los Angeles at Important Projects, Oakland, CA
- Concrete Walls, organized by Devon Tsuno, Autonomia, Los Angeles, CA
- Amazon Solitaire, curated by Akina Cox, Center for the Arts Eagle Rock, Los Angeles, CA
- The Last Brucennial, Bruce High Quality Foundation, 837 Washington Street, New York, NY
- Dark Star, curated by Becca Mann, BASILICA HUDSON, Hudson, NY
- Murmurial, Curtat Tunnel, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Artist’s Books and Cookies x Ooga Booga, 356 Mission, Los Angeles, CA
- Summer Group Show, Tiny Annex, Los Angeles, CA.
- Six&Six ‘@ the Fresh Paint Annex,’ curated by Jack Heard, Los Angeles, CA
- Authenticity? curated by Andy Robert, Untitled Art Projects, Los Angeles, CA
- Ex Libris, Sabina Lee Gallery, Los Angles, CA
- The Rock and Eagle Shop, Eagle Rock, L.A., CA
- Benjamin Love, Simone Montemurno, Ali Prosch, Kenneth Tam, BLUE SHANTY, Los Angeles
curated by Matt Siegle
- Picture Your Unit, UNIT at Gallery Sonja Roesch, Houston, Texas
- Dharma Zen Center Benefit Auction, Los Angles, CA
- That’s Life: Politics and Pictorial Space, Concord Space, L.A.
- Shortcuts and Pitfalls, curated by Keaton Macon, Kamikaze July 5th, PØST, Los Angles
- GLAMFA, California State University Long Beach Gallery
- Intimacies: CalArts MFA Show 2011, curated by Eve Fowler and Alexandro Segade, The Farley Building, Los Angels
- Closed For Installation, 303 Gallery, NYC, NY
- Co-director, with Joanna Bovay, of Lia Ices “Half-Life” http://vimeo.com/61849" (Music video)
- Marfa Tea Party, organized by Jessica Hundley, Marfa Film Festival, Marfa, TX
- is you is or is you ain’t, curated by Jed Dodds, Kirsten Schiele, Mari Spirito, and Christopher West, at the Indianapolis MOCA, IN, traveling to Creative Alliance, Baltimore, MD
- Inside Job, An Earnest Cut & Sewn project space, NYC, NY
- These Bagels are Gnarly, curated by Rich Jacobs, Cinders Gallery, Brooklyn, NY
- Invoking, curated by Dirk Knibbe, Bucketrider Gallery, Chicago, IL
- Ulrich Project Series: The General Store, Ulrich Museum of Art, Wichita, KS
- The General Store, Milwaukee WI, at NADA Art Fair, Miami Beach, FL
- Once Over, 323 West, The Elizabeth Foundation, New York, NY, (Co-curator with Alexandra Spaulding). This project was the result of an open call made to emerging contemporary artists in the NYC metropolitan. We selected the 14 artists with guest jurors Ellen Brooks, Nancy Bowen, and Linda Levinson).
- What Now, Thomas J.Walsh Art Gallery, Fairfield University, CT
- Snapshots, The Aldrich Museum of Contemporary Art, Ridgefield, CT, (group)
Press & Publications
-Contemporary Art Daily (STONEBREAKERS exhibition)
- Los Angeles Review of Books, featured artist on main webpage for week of August 24th, 2015
- Objet d’Art, exhibition text for Emily Sudd: Decorative Objects, OxyArts, Occidental College, L.A.
- Tuck, Geoff, (Review) Notes on Looking.
- Kamikaze 2011, PØST, Los Angles (Exh cat.)
- GLAMFA, (Greater Los Angeles MFA), California State University Long Beach Gallery (Exh.cat).
- Intimacies: CalArts MFA Show 2011,Intimacies: CalArts MFA Show 2011, curated by Eve Fowler and Alexandro Segade, The Farley Building, Los Angels with contributing texts by Michael Ned Holte, Martin Kersels, Alexandro Segade , and Shirley Tse. (Exh.cat).
- Johnson, Martin L. The Pretenders: Artists Play Hide and Seek With Identity, Storytelling, and Natural World, Baltimore City Paper, October 1, 2008, Baltimore, MD.
Awards & Residencies
Vermont Studio Center – Residency
Miami University Young Painters Competition – Finalist
Rema Hort Mann Foundation - Nominee
Teaching Artist Fellowship, Armory Center for the Arts, Pasadena, CA
Rema Hort Mann Foundation's YoYoYo Artist’s Grant 2014
Rema Hort Mann Foundation's YoYoYo Project Grant
Deans Grant, California Institute of the Arts
Student Council Grant, California Institute of the Arts
Deans Grant, California Institute of the Arts